Results are determined based on the number of votes logged in each question. Please see below for a detailed description
- Each user response gets a stake of 1 Edge Coin.
- Once the poll is closed, the correct response is chosen by the poll admin.
- The users that selected the correct response will split the entire pool of coins from the question.
Poll Question - What will the result of Byron Buxton's first inning at bat be?
- Base Hit (5 responses)
- Strike Out (10 responses)
- HR (1 response)
- Walk (4 responses)
- Reach on Error (0 responses)
In the above question, there are 20 total responses. Therefore, the entire pool of coins is 20 Edge coins. Now let's say Byron ends up earning a walk during the at bat.
There are 4 users that selected walk. Therefore, they will split the entire pool of 20 coins. So each user will receive 5 coins (including their initial stake).
As you can see, selecting a less common option may be less likely to win, but the payout will be greater than those selecting the more likely options.