Auction squares is a fun skill based take on the traditional 'Super Bowl Squares' game that is played at virtually every Super Bowl party.
The Squares Board:
Just like the traditional Super Bowl Squares, each axis is assigned to a team.
- Home Team will be on the x-axis (horizontal scores)
- Away Team will be on the y-axis (vertical scores)
Each team is assigned numbers 0 through 9 across their axises. The number relates to the last digit in their score. (i.e., 17 is the equivalent of 7 on the board). Unlike traditional squares, we pre-populate the numbers before the auction begins. After all, you need to know what you are buying!
Your goal is to buy the square at the intersection of the score you expect at the end of periods. For example, if you think the score will be 14-7. You will want to buy (y axis 4, x axis 7).
Pre - Event Rules:
- Each square has a minimum square price.
- All square purchases are final and cannot be refunded
- Once a square is purchased, you will be able out bid a purchased square for $0.50 increments over the last purchase price
- All purchases are final before the game is live
- The maximum amount of squares you can purchase is 49 (<50% of the board)
- If squares are unfilled:
- Your ownership pct will be determined (i.e., own 20 squares out of 40 purchased = 50%)
- You will be randomly assigned 30 squares (50% of the 60 remaining squares)
In progress Event Rules:
- You can offer to buy a square for an amount above the purchase price
- If you receive an offer you can accept or decline the offer
- Each quarter will pay out ¼ of the total winnings
- Winning square is determined by the last digit of each teams score
- 1st quarter: Michigan - 10 - Iowa 7
- Square 7,0 will win (7 - x axis, 0 y-axis)
- Iowa - Home Team will be on the x-axis (horizontal scores)
- Michigan - Away Team will be on the y-axis (vertical scores)
- In the case of overtime, the 4th payout will use the END OF GAME score instead of the 4th quarter