BettorEdge now offers season long competitions! Season long competitions are very customizable and a season can be defined as any length of time that you want. See below for more details!
If you are looking for how to create a season, view it here: Create a New Season
By now we assume that you have an understanding of BettorEdge competitions. If you need a refresher, you can view it here: competitions
A season is simply a group of competitions bundled together. The season will be able to track records, earnings, winnings, etc across all the competitions associated with the season. See below for a diagram representation:
The number of competitions created under a season is completely up to you!
When a season is created, there are multiple options that you can consider. Depending on the value of these configuration, the season will operate differently! Below is a table of the options and their values:
|Single Buy In||
TRUE - Users will only need to purchase one competition ticket to enter the entire season. Once they have purchased the ticket, they will be auto added to all competitions associated with the season
FALSE (Recurring Buy-In) - Users will need to buy a ticket to each competition in the season.
|Allow Late Buy In||
TRUE - Users will be allowed to join any competition created during the season and will be entered into the season
FALSE - Users must join the first competition to be eligible for the season. Once the season starts (after first competition starts), users will no longer be eligible to join.
The ticket price to enter the season OR each competition
Single Buy In = TRUE: The ticket price is associated only with one competition entry. This means you will usually have a higher ticket price
Single Buy In = FALSE: The ticket price is associated with each competition entry
|Number of Competitions||
This is the estimated number of competitions that will be created under the season. It is important to try and stick to this number after a season has been created as it will determine the payout amount to each competition.
How much of the ticket revenue (pot) will go to the season payout vs each competition created under the season. For example:
100% - All the ticket revenue will be paid out to the season winner
75% - 75% of the ticket revenue will be paid out to the season winners and 25% will be paid out to each competition winners
This one can be a little tricky and is dependent on the number of competitions configuration noted above to determine payouts for individual competitions
Pick - Straight pick-em up to the max pick amount. Most picks correct determines the winner
Wager - Start with an initial balance of coins and wager them on different markets. The highest balance at the end determines the winner.
If the type is set to 'Pick', then this will determine the max picks in each competition created under the season
If the type is set to 'Wager', then this will determine the initial balance users are given in the competition.
If the type is set to 'Wager' then you can set this to the following:
TRUE - Final balance from prior competitions will be added to the initial balance of the next competition created
FALSE - All users start with the initial balance in each competition
**If the season is set to a recurring buy in - then this setting is overriden to FALSE
At the end of the season, the winners are determined by the most correct picks. The funds allocated to the season are paid out at the end using one of the following payout types:
Battle Royale - Winner takes all.
Double Up - Top half doubles their money.
Podium - Top 3 spots take the money (50%, 20%, 10%)
Outpace - Anyone who finishes higher than the pacer splits the pot. If the pacer wins, they take it all
See below for examples based on different configuration settings above.
Each scenario below assumes 10 competitions will be created under the season:
100% Season (Single Buy In) - No Late Buy In ($100 Ticket Price) - Battle Royale
All users must enter the first competition to be entered into the season.
- 10 users enter the competition for $100 each
- 100% of the entry is assigned to the total season pot = $1000.
- Individual competitions will pay out $0
- The user with the most correct picks at the end of the season will win $1000
75% Season (Single Buy In) - No Late Buy In ($100 Ticket Price) - Battle Royal
All users must enter the first competition to be entered into the season
- 10 users enter the competition for $100
- 75% of the entry is assigned to the total season pot = $750
- 25% of the entry is assigned to each competition = $250
- The user with the most correct picks in the individual competition will win $25 ($250 / 10 competitions)
- The user with the most correct picks at the end of the season will win $750
10% Season (Single Buy In) - Late Buy In Allowed ($100 Ticket Price) - Battle Royal
Users can join the competition by entering any competition during the season. Once entered, they will be entered for all remaining competitions
- 8 users enter competition 1 for $100
- 10% of the entry is assigned to the total season pot = $80 ($800 * 0.1)
- 90% of the entry is assigned to each competition payout = $720 ($800 * 0.9)
Competition 1 ends
- Winner receives $72 ($720 / 10 competitions)
- Remaining individual competition pot is $648 (720 - 72)
Competition 2 is created (only 9 competition remains)
- 2 additional users enter competition 2 for $100
- 10% of the entry is assigned to the season pot = $20
- The total season pot is now $100 ($80 + $20)
- 90% of the entry is assigned to each competition payout = $180
- The updated individual competition pot is now = $768 ($648 + $180)
Competition 2 ends
- Winner receives $85.33 ($768 / 9 competitions remaining)
Remaining competitions end
- Remaining individual competition pot is $682.67 (768 - 85.33)
- User with the most correct picks in the season receives season payout = $100
Closing a Competition Season
Automatic - Competition seasons will automatically close when the last competition (based on the number of competitions configuration) is completed and all payouts will be finalized.
Manual - If you need to manually close a competition season before all of the competitions (based on the number of competitions configuration) are completed, then all the unallocated funds (season pot & individual competition payouts remaining) will be divided up evenly amongst all participants and no season long winner will be determined.